The club is always seeking volunteers with a background/interest in Programming or Engineering.
Volunteers are asked to assist the children in the following ways:
- Break a challenge down into digestible pieces, basic problem solving
- Ensure that all children get equal time coding
- Ensure that the children are discussing and working together to solve the day's challenge
- Generally keep the peace and help ensure the safety of the children and the equipment
Club Leaders Wanted for Next Session: September, 2017 - February, 2018
With expansion plans currently in the works, we are looking for Leaders and Mentors to help us host a second weekly session in either Port Hope or Cobourg to allow even more children the opportunity to get involved in programming and robotics.
The Port Hope instance of the club has 2 Leaders and 8 Volunteer Mentors
Leaders should have:
- an understanding of computer programming, not language-specific.
- 4 volunteer hours a week to dedicate to the club for 7 months, 2 for the meeting and 2 for preparation.
- an understanding of basic engineering to support Makeblock Robotics teams (love of Mechano or Lego)